Work With Us
Safari Living was established 15 years ago as a hybrid gallery/retail space offering an internationally sourced collection of high-end interior and home products and furnishings for both trade and retail clients.
We are passionate about delivering products and services of the highest standard. We pride ourselves as a brand of quality, integrity and originality. If you would like to join us in this goal please review the current opportunities below.
Our head office is located in Richmond and the showroom in Prahran, Australia.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Showroom Manager
WORK TYPE: Full Time
We require a passionate and highly organised Showroom Manager, who will enjoy the benefits of working with inspiring products and is committed to providing exceptional customer service.
You will be based in our Prahran Showroom with responsibility for day to day operations.
This includes driving monthly sales targets, maintaining an excellent level of customer service, managing stock to maximise sales potential and ensuring that the visual presentation of the Showroom is maintained to the highest standard.
You will be expected to follow process to ensure the smooth running of the business. You will take the lead in handling customer issues effectively to resolution, while ensuring standards are met at all times. You will help manage part-time sales staff.
You will have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and an appreciation for good design. You will have at least two years sales experience in high-end retail. And of course you must understand and be passionate about the Safari ethos.
You will also work closely with the e-commerce team. You will report to the director.
Day to day operations:
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure efficient delivery times
• Working with trade customers on residential and commercial projects
• Organising and coordinating loans for editorial shoots with stylists
• Assisting retail customers with bespoke soft-furnishing jobs
• Entering and managing stock quantities
• Visual merchandising
• Responding to email enquiries
• Generating basic reports on sales
• Outstanding communication skills
• An ability to work both autonomously and within a small team
• Exemplary attention to detail and a positive, can-do attitude
• Excellent time management and planning skills
• Proven administrative and or sales experience (at least 1 year)
• Familiarity with invoicing/data entry
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A genuine passion for textiles and interior decoration
Advantageous but not essential
• Previous experience with MYOB Retail Manager
• Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator or Magento would be an advantage
If this sounds like you please contact email@example.com with the subject line “Role: Showroom Manager” and attach your cover letter and resume.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Showroom Assistant
WORK TYPE: Part Time
Please email your expression of interest in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Role: "Showroom Assistant" and attach your resume.